There is no specific Pre-licensing Education requirement in Alaska. Candidates must comply by doing the following:
1) pass the National Home Inspector Examination
2) meet requirements as determined by the Dept.
3) submit a complete app. for reg. within 1 year of passing exam
4) not have been convicted of specific crimes in the past 7 years of the date of the application
5) not have had the authority to perform home inspections revoked in the state or another jurisdiction
6) not be the subject of an unresolved criminal complaint or unresolved disciplinary action in the state
7) pay the appropriate fees. Inspector must carry insurance and a bond of over $5000. All inspectors must be licensed by July 1, 2004.
The Dept requires at least 8 hours of continuing competency in each licensing period.
Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development .
Division of Corporations, Business & Professional Licensing
Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
P.O. Box 101020
Anchorage, AK 99510-1020
Kaplan Courses are the best preparation to begin a home inspection career. For more information on AK home inspection training click here.