Requirements to Obtain a Salesperson License:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have successfully completed a Department of State approved 75-hour qualifying course. If you have completed the 45-hour salesperson qualifying course prior to July 1, 2008 , you may complete the 30 hour remedial course in order to qualify for licensure. The Department of State requires a proctored final exam to be taken at an approved location for all licensing courses.
- Be sponsored by a NYS licensed real estate broker
- Pass the NYS real estate salesperson examination with a score of 70%:http://www.dos.state.ny.us/lcns/realestate/salesexam.html
- For more information visit the following link: http://www.dos.state.ny.us/lcns/realestate/instructions/0022ins.html