1. Have reached the age of majority, eighteen (18).
2. Successfully complete sixty (60) classroom hours of real estate education of instruction in real estate principles, license law, and commission regulations from an accredited postsecondary school or a school or organization licensed by the Arkansas State Board of Private Career Education within thirty-six (36) months immediately preceding the date of the application [ACA Sect. 17-42-303 and Commission Regulation 4.1]
3. Have been licensed as an active real estate salesperson or broker for a period of not less than twenty-four (24) months within the previous forty-eight (48) month period immediately preceding the date of application; however, upon written request such experience requirement may be waived for a real estate broker applicant who has held an active real estate broker license for a period of not less than eighteen (18) months; (if experience requirement was met in another jurisdiction, please furnish an official license history from that jurisdiction) or has experience acceptable to the commission in a field considered real estate related for a period of not less than twenty-four (24) months within the previous forty-eight month period immediately preceding the date of application (must submit a written history of experience for review by commission) [ACA Sect. 17-42-303 and Commission Regulation 4.1]
4. Pass the licensure examination
5. Send the proper forms and fees to the Arkansas Real Estate Commission no later than ninety (90) days after passing the examination.