STAYING SAFE DURING COVID-19
Kaplan's priority continues to be the health and safety of our instructors and students. We continue to monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state, and other governmental and health authorities. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaplan continues to implement safety procedures for in-person classes that comply with CDC and local guidelines and requirements.
HOW WE’RE KEEPING YOU SAFE IN CLASS
By entering the Kaplan class location, you are confirming that you can truthfully comply with the requirements of the Daily Health Screening Questionnaire each time you enter the classroom. View Daily Health Screening Questionnaire Here If you cannot comply with the requirements of the Daily Health Screening Questionnaire, please do not attend class.
Kaplan has instituted the following safety protocols. All individuals attending a Kaplan class must commit to the following:
- All students are required to wear a mask at all times in the Kaplan classroom, regardless of vaccination status.
- All students should apply hand sanitizer and/or wash hands upon entering the location and reapply hand sanitizer and/or wash hands if leaving and returning to the classroom.
- Classroom space and permitted class size will allow for some social distancing between students and from the instructor, but may differ based on location.
- Removal of masks is not permitted inside the classroom to consume food. Students who bring food to class should consume that food during break times outside the classroom, whether this is a stated rule of the venue or not. Shared food and beverages are not permitted.
If your plans do change we've got you covered; check out our refund policy here.
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN ATTENDING CLASS OR STUDYING IN A KAPLAN FACILITY
Cover your face
- Facial masks are required in the classroom and in common areas.
- Ensure that your mouth and nose are covered.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- When sneezing or coughing, use a tissue or the inside of your elbow to cover your mouth and nose; wash hands immediately after.
Practice hand washing
- Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before entering the classroom or common areas.
- If using soap and water, ensure that you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- If using hand sanitizer, ensure that it contains at least 60% alcohol.
Follow social distancing guidelines
- Maintain a safe social distance between yourself and others when possible.
Are you not feeling well?
- Do not attend class, take care of yourself, and view the recorded lessons in your syllabus.
- Please do not attend class in person again until you feel better.
- If you are having any of the below COVID symptoms, do not attend class until you obtain a negative COVID test result (rapid test is acceptable) and you have no more symptoms.
1. Fever (temperature of 100.4°F / 38°C or above)
3. New cough
4. Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
5. Fatigue, headache, or muscle/body aches
6. Sore throat
7. New loss of taste or smell
8. Congestion or runny nose
9. Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea)
Have you been in close contact in the last 5 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or displayed COVID-19 symptoms?
- You may enter the classroom after day 5 from exposure with a negative test result (rapid test is acceptable) taken on day 5 or later, unless the local laws regarding COVID-19 are more restrictive.
- Don’t worry about missing anything! You can view the recorded lessons in your syllabus.
Have you tested positive for COVID?
- Please call 1-800-KAP-TEST to discuss your learning path as soon as possible. We need to inform your classmates and the instructor of possible exposure as soon as we can to prevent additional potential spread. We also have safety protocols we will follow.
- In most cases, you will be permitted to return to class after 5 days from onset of symptoms (or, if no symptoms, your positive test), so long as you have tested negative and no longer have symptoms.
- Be sure to monitor your email for updates on class location.
Have you traveled internationally within the last 10 days?
You may enter the location 5 days from return with a negative test result (rapid test is acceptable) taken on day 5 or later, unless the local laws regarding COVID-19 are more restrictive.
Have additional questions or concerns regarding COVID-19?
Please contact us below for additional support!
Failure to abide by Kaplan’s safety procedures may result in dismissal from the Kaplan course. Note that these restrictions are subject to change at any time. Even in light of the safety procedures put in place by Kaplan, attending a Kaplan course at any classroom location involves the risk of exposure to or contraction of COVID-19 which may cause serious injury, loss of work, or death.