1. Complete Your Required Education and Exam Prep
You must successfully complete 75 hours of approved real estate education, be at least 18 years old, and have graduated from high school or obtained a high school equivalency diploma. Complete the 75-hour requirement with our commission approved education:
- 75-Hour Modern Real Estate Practice in Georgia | $299
- 75-Hour Modern Real Estate Practice in Georgia with Master Exam Prep | $349
2. Complete a Background Check
You must obtain a Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) report of your criminal history. You can receive this report for any local sheriff’s office or police department. The report may cost up to $25 and is valid for up to 60 days from the date of issue.
3. Complete Your Lawful Presence Verification and Take the Georgia Salesperson Licensing Exam
Register and pass the salesperson’s exam with the exam with the exam provider, Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc. (AMP). You are required to take your Lawful Presence Notarized Affidavit and “secure and verifiable document” with you to the exam. To schedule your exam and to receive a copy of the required affidavit, you may visit the AMP website at www.goamp.com.
4. Apply for Your State License
You may apply for your license at the testing center. If you plan to apply for an active salesperson’s license, you will need to bring a Sponsoring Broker Statement Form with you. If you do not plan to work for a brokerage firm immediately, you may apply for an inactive license.