Kaplan University School of Professional and Continuing Education Kaplan University School of Professional and Continuing Education

How to Obtain Lead-RRP Certification

How to get a Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting Certification

How to Obtain Lead-RRP Certification

Firm Certification (Company)

Firms can apply for certification by submitting the EPA form, “Application for Firms” which is signed by an authorized agent of the firm and includes the appropriate fees. Download the form here: www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/renovation.htm

Renovator Certification (Individual)

Individuals must successfully complete an eight hour initial renovator training course offered by an accredited training provider. This training includes a hands-on training component as well as an exam which is administered by the education provider. Upon successful completion of the course, individuals will be given a certificate of completion with a unique identification number showing you have received the mandatory training.

Kaplan has the training you need with our proven 8-hour course: Kaplan's Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting Program.

According to the EPA 2008 Lead Rule, anyone who disturbs greater than 20 square feet of lead-based paint on an exterior wall, or disturbs an area greater than 6 square feet of interior paint per room, needs to be trained in lead-safe work practices. To learn more about the 2008 lead rule, visit http://www2.epa.gov/lead.