Requirements to Obtain Your Minnesota Real Estate License
To earn your real estate license in Minnesota, you must complete Prelicensing Course 1 and complete the state licensing exam, pass two additional courses, and apply for your license. While the process to become a real estate agent is similar in most states, each state has its unique steps that must be adhered to. The six steps to becoming a Minnesota real estate agent are as follows:
We offer four education options that fulfill the 90-hour requirement. Your courses are offered by Brightwood Career Institute | Harrisburg.
Learn more about our Minnesota real estate licensing packages and start studying now!
Step 1: Register for Course I. You must complete Course I before taking the exam.
Step 2: Preregister for your Real Estate License Exam:
To view all testing locations, visit www.psiexams.com. Preregistration and advance payment are required.
Register for the Real Estate Salesperson—State and General Combo. Note: the school code is 244.
There are two ways to register:
- Online registration: Go to www.psiexams.com and pay with your Visa® or MasterCard®.
- Registration by phone: 1.800.733.9267 (open 24 hours) and register using the Automated Registration System.
Otherwise, PSI registrars are available Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 7:00 pm, and Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Pay with your Visa® or MasterCard®.
Allow sufficient time before the exam for this valuable course.
Step 4: Take the Exam
Come to the exam site with:
- Two forms of valid, current signature identification, one of which must be photo-bearing (preferably a driver’s license)
- Original Course I Completion Certificate from Brightwood Career Institute, powered by Kaplan Real Estate Education.
- Simple calculator (non-programmable)
Candidates may cancel or reschedule up to two days before the testing date without penalty.
Step 5: Attend Course II and Course III:
Keep moving forward in your new career by attending these courses immediately after taking the licensing exam.
Step 6: Apply for your license:
Your Employing Broker will help you complete and submit your license application.
To learn how to get your Minnesota Real Estate License, go to http://mn.gov/commerce/licensees/real-estate/.