Kaplan University School of Professional and Continuing Education Kaplan University School of Professional and Continuing Education

The Twenty Most Cost-Effective Home Improvements Class (3.75-Credit Hours)

The Twenty Most Cost-Effective Home Improvements

Price: $59.00

Credit Hours: 3.75

Key Points:

Here are 20 cost-effective home improvements that add value and enjoyment for every homeowner.

Homeowners are spending more time and money on fixing up their places than ever before. In fact, U.S. Census Bureau statistics indicate that maintenance and repairs make up about 30 percent of the expenditures. The other 70 percent is spent for alterations, major replacements, additions, and outside additions and alterations.

Here is your guide to 20 home improvements that maximize resale value. You’ll learn where the money goes in a typical remodeling job, and how much is spent on kitchen and bathroom remodeling, plumbing, HVAC, roofing and more.

You’ll get many ideas to help you communicate with clients and customers about value-added improvements.

This course has been approved by the Minnesota Commissioner of Commerce for 3.75 hours of real estate continuing education.

Topics include:

  • Trends in remodeling spending
  • Setting spending priorities
  • Maintenance and repairs
  • Kitchen and bathroom remodeling
  • Avoiding hidden mechanical costs
  • Roofing and siding
  • Window upgrades that save energy
  • Environmental concerns
  • Cost vs. value analysis